Sunday, December 6, 2009

Update on Us!!


Coop is 2 months old and I cant believe it. He is such a joy!! He really is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. I want to update ya'll on whats going on with my family. As most of you know we lost my brother Chad in a car wreck last May. Sometimes I just dont want to accept that I will not wake up one day and this just be a bad dream. And some days, I have such a peace of where our Chad is. And I do know, and this is what gets me through, is that we WILL be with Chad again. And man, what a day that will be. Im going to whip him though, for leaving us so soon! I just cant wait to see that smile again. He has the most contagious smile that I got to see for 25 years. And I still see it. He is everywhere. Cooper has been smiling in his sleep since he was born, and when he stares off into space, I truly believe he is smiling at his silly Uncle Chad. It comforts me. Well I do have a big prayer request from ya ll. My mom has been diagnosed with a very rare form of Leukemia. She is doing pretty good right now, and she is definitely fighting for us. She is just so tough. The medicine seems to be working right now and I just ask ya'll to remember her in your prayers. Also, if any of you are wandering where my previous 2 years of post are, I deleted them. John (my husband) wanted me to for privacy reasons. I was going to quit blogging since I hadn't in so long, but I got some of the sweetest e-mails asking how I was doing. And some of them were from complete strangers. Ya'll are so sweet out there. There are so many wonderful friends you meet through the blog world! I love you all. Here is a picture of Cooper that I took for his 2 month pics!! He melts my heart!! p.s.- I love ya'll and I have missed ya'll too!!

8 comments:

my life: said...

It's so good to hear from you! Your baby is way too yummy!!! :0)
I have to admit...this post had me in tears. I can't imagine. My brother leaves for South America today..for a week and I was praying protection over him this morning. I was honestly...just asking God to be sure and bring him back to all of us and then I wake up and am reminded of your loss. :0(
The physical emptiness must be so great but, I rejoice with you...in knowing that you will see him again!
Again, good to hear from you!

Beth in NC said...

I'm glad you guys are doing well and your son is precious.

I pray your Mom will kick this stuff to the curb in Jesus' Name. My Daddy was given 3 years to live about 11 years ago. Doctor's don't know as much as God. :o)

Bless you!
Beth

Lianna Knight said...

So glad you are back :) We've missed you!! And little Coop...he's PRECIOUS!!!

Allyson said...

What a beautiful entry. Happy 2 months Cooper! I LOVE the photo of him you have for your header.

I will be praying for you! I know this Christmas will be difficult for you and your family. I pray God will give you all peace and comfort, and that Cooper will be a source of great joy to your family this season!

Blessings!
Allyson

Trace Car Driver said...

great post. i am SO glad you continued to blog. cooper is so adorable, i know he def makes life worth living... as does jesus! i can't imagine the pain you feel daily over losing chad, but you are right, what a day of rejoicing it will be when you see him again! i am so sorry to hear about your mom. i will pray for her. that god will heal her body! hope ya'll have a VERY merry christmas with family and friends and cooper's first one is so special!

kimbosue said...

You know Uncle Chad is keeping tabs on that boy! HUGS and prayers for your Mama. (formerly Life and Times of Kimbosue)

Shelly said...

I wanted to say that i'm So glad to see a post from you too. I don't comment that often. cooper is just to cute! I'm sure that his wonderful Uncle is watching him from heaven.

Suzanne said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope my post on Gratitude has helped you in some way. Sounds like you have had more than your share of difficult situations to deal with lately. Try to keep your chin up. You have a beautiful family. I will say a prayer for your mother.